Selected Clinical Trials of Acupuncture for Urinary Incontinence, Overactive Bladder, Neurogenic Bladder, and Urinary Tract Infection
Please Read: Clinical Trials on Acupuncture
Updated March 7, 2012
1. Bower WF, Diao M: Acupuncture as a treatment for nocturnal enuresis. Auton Neurosci 2010, 157(1-2):63-67.
2. Engberg S, Cohen S, Sereika SM: The efficacy of acupuncture in treating urge and mixed incontinence in women: a pilot study. J Wound Ostomy Continence Nurs 2009, 36(6):661-670.
3. Zhang D: Thirty-six cases of urinary retention treated by acupuncture. Journal of traditional Chinese medicine = Chung i tsa chih ying wen pan / sponsored by All-China Association of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine 2008, 28(2):83-85.
4. Kim JH, Nam D, Park MK, Lee ES, Kim SH: Randomized control trial of hand acupuncture for female stress urinary incontinence. Acupuncture & electro-therapeutics research 2008, 33(3-4):179-192.
5. Capodice JL, Jin Z, Bemis DL, Samadi D, Stone BA, Kapan S, Katz AE: A pilot study on acupuncture for lower urinary tract symptoms related to chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain. Chinese medicine 2007, 2:1.
6. Emmons SL, Otto L: Acupuncture for overactive bladder: a randomized controlled trial. Obstetrics and gynecology 2005, 106(1):138-143.
7. Johnstone PA, Bloom TL, Niemtzow RC, Crain D, Riffenburgh RH, Amling CL: A prospective, randomized pilot trial of acupuncture of the kidney-bladder distinct meridian for lower urinary tract symptoms. The Journal of urology 2003, 169(3):1037-1039.
8. Alraek T, Baerheim A: The effect of prophylactic acupuncture treatment in women with recurrent cystitis: kidney patients fare better. Journal of alternative and complementary medicine (New York, NY 2003, 9(5):651-658.
9. Alraek T, Soedal LI, Fagerheim SU, Digranes A, Baerheim A: Acupuncture treatment in the prevention of uncomplicated recurrent lower urinary tract infections in adult women. American journal of public health 2002, 92(10):1609-1611.
10. Honjo H, Naya Y, Ukimura O, Kojima M, Miki T: Acupuncture on clinical symptoms and urodynamic measurements in spinal-cord-injured patients with detrusor hyperreflexia. Urologia internationalis 2000, 65(4):190-195.
11. Bergstrom K, Carlsson CP, Lindholm C, Widengren R: Improvement of urge- and mixed-type incontinence after acupuncture treatment among elderly women – a pilot study. Journal of the autonomic nervous system 2000, 79(2-3):173-180.
12. Zheng H, Wang S, Shang J, Chen G, Huang C, Hong H, Chen S: Study on acupuncture and moxibustion therapy for female urethral syndrome. Journal of traditional Chinese medicine = Chung i tsa chih ying wen pan / sponsored by All-China Association of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine 1998, 18(2):122-127.
13. Cheng PT, Wong MK, Chang PL: A therapeutic trial of acupuncture in neurogenic bladder of spinal cord injured patients–a preliminary report. Spinal cord 1998, 36(7):476-480.
14. Aune A, Alraek T, LiHua H, Baerheim A: Acupuncture in the prophylaxis of recurrent lower urinary tract infection in adult women. Scandinavian journal of primary health care 1998, 16(1):37-39.
15. Kubista E, Altmann P, Kucera H, Rudelstorfer B: Electro-acupuncture’s influence on the closure mechanism of the female urethra in incontinence. The American journal of Chinese medicine 1976, 4(2):177-181.
Related Articles of Interest: