Selected Randomized Controlled Trials (RCT) of Acupuncture for Neck Pain
Please Read: Clinical Trials on Acupuncture
Updated March 7, 2012
1. Liang Z, Zhu X, Yang X, Fu W, Lu A: Assessment of a traditional acupuncture therapy for chronic neck pain: a pilot randomised controlled study. Complementary therapies in medicine 2011, 19 Suppl 1:S26-32.
2. Sun MY, Hsieh CL, Cheng YY, Hung HC, Li TC, Yen SM, Huang IS: The therapeutic effects of acupuncture on patients with chronic neck myofascial pain syndrome: a single-blind randomized controlled trial. The American journal of Chinese medicine 2010, 38(5):849-859.
3. Pfister DG, Cassileth BR, Deng GE, Yeung KS, Lee JS, Garrity D, Cronin A, Lee N, Kraus D, Shaha AR et al: Acupuncture for pain and dysfunction after neck dissection: results of a randomized controlled trial. J Clin Oncol 2010, 28(15):2565-2570.
4. Ceccherelli F, Gioioso L, Casale R, Gagliardi G, Ori C: Neck pain treatment with acupuncture: does the number of needles matter? The Clinical journal of pain 2010, 26(9):807-812.
5. Itoh K, Katsumi Y, Hirota S, Kitakoji H: Randomised trial of trigger point acupuncture compared with other acupuncture for treatment of chronic neck pain. Complementary therapies in medicine 2007, 15(3):172-179.
6. Witt CM, Jena S, Brinkhaus B, Liecker B, Wegscheider K, Willich SN: Acupuncture for patients with chronic neck pain. Pain 2006, 125(1-2):98-106.
7. Willich SN, Reinhold T, Selim D, Jena S, Brinkhaus B, Witt CM: Cost-effectiveness of acupuncture treatment in patients with chronic neck pain. Pain 2006, 125(1-2):107-113.
8. Vas J, Perea-Milla E, Mendez C, Sanchez Navarro C, Leon Rubio JM, Brioso M, Garcia Obrero I: Efficacy and safety of acupuncture for chronic uncomplicated neck pain: a randomised controlled study. Pain 2006, 126(1-3):245-255.
9. He D, Hostmark AT, Veiersted KB, Medbo JI: Effect of intensive acupuncture on pain-related social and psychological variables for women with chronic neck and shoulder pain–an RCT with six month and three year follow up. Acupunct Med 2005, 23(2):52-61.
10. White P, Lewith G, Prescott P, Conway J: Acupuncture versus placebo for the treatment of chronic mechanical neck pain: a randomized, controlled trial. Annals of internal medicine 2004, 141(12):911-919.
11. He D, Veiersted KB, Hostmark AT, Medbo JI: Effect of acupuncture treatment on chronic neck and shoulder pain in sedentary female workers: a 6-month and 3-year follow-up study. Pain 2004, 109(3):299-307.
12. Zhu XM, Polus B: A controlled trial on acupuncture for chronic neck pain. The American journal of Chinese medicine 2002, 30(1):13-28.
13. Nabeta T, Kawakita K: Relief of chronic neck and shoulder pain by manual acupuncture to tender points–a sham-controlled randomized trial. Complementary therapies in medicine 2002, 10(4):217-222.
14. Irnich D, Behrens N, Gleditsch JM, Stor W, Schreiber MA, Schops P, Vickers AJ, Beyer A: Immediate effects of dry needling and acupuncture at distant points in chronic neck pain: results of a randomized, double-blind, sham-controlled crossover trial. Pain 2002, 99(1-2):83-89.
15. Irnich D, Behrens N, Molzen H, Konig A, Gleditsch J, Krauss M, Natalis M, Senn E, Beyer A, Schops P: Randomised trial of acupuncture compared with conventional massage and “sham” laser acupuncture for treatment of chronic neck pain. BMJ (Clinical research ed 2001, 322(7302):1574-1578.
16. David J, Modi S, Aluko AA, Robertshaw C, Farebrother J: Chronic neck pain: a comparison of acupuncture treatment and physiotherapy. British journal of rheumatology 1998, 37(10):1118-1122.
17. Birch S, Jamison RN: Controlled trial of Japanese acupuncture for chronic myofascial neck pain: assessment of specific and nonspecific effects of treatment. The Clinical journal of pain 1998, 14(3):248-255.
18. Petrie JP, Hazleman BL: A controlled study of acupuncture in neck pain. British journal of rheumatology 1986, 25(3):271-275.
19. Coan RM, Wong G, Coan PL: The acupuncture treatment of neck pain: a randomized controlled study. The American journal of Chinese medicine 1981, 9(4):326-332.
Related Articles of Interest: